ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The position is responsible for the successful implementation and project management tasks during the operational phase of larger projects and/or programs.
The incumbent will act as operational expert and contact point for all aspects on the delivery of the assigned projects and services as well as other various activities related to the capacity management and service delivery, while managing project teams of LuxGovSat internal people and/or external contractors.
Based at the NATO main operating base in Sigonella, Sicily, the position will mainly support the NATO AGS service delivery task for LuxGovSat.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
- Provide guidance on current and future requirements and strategic direction for the provision of managed services and systems to implement and enhance LGS’ customer service
- Formulate long term strategic guidelines for implementing, evolving and improving LGS capability for managed services
- Support the supplier selection process, manage the configuration, upgrade and critical operational data necessary to maintain high availability of the managed services
- Participate in vendor meetings and negotiations, related to system and service development, upgrade, operations and maintenance
- Liaise with Engineering departments for the specification, design, development, testing and acceptance of new hardware and software systems
- Manage the service-level activities from the platform and other operational support systems
- Ensure the availability and preparedness of the LGS systems and all associated systems, data and documentation, to support the 24/7 operations when required
- Be accountable for the direct delivery of the LGS service capability to speed the resolution of impairments/faults which may be impacting customer services
- Undertake timely and unsupervised judgments involving highly complex facts, situations which require analysis and interpretation, and comparison of a wide range of options, to find solutions to rapidly resolve cases of Service delivery impairments
- Support the development of training material and operating procedures
- Create reports and statistics as required on system events, activities, performance, usage of the systems, and customer-specific problems; manage the storage and retrieval of specialized data to support analysis of all events
- Ensure security and proper use of confidential data, either internally provided or from external agencies and companies, which is required for the support for LGS
- Provide on-call support in order to assist with resolution of urgent Service delivery events impacting customer services
- Present complex information at international conferences, as a trusted representative of LGS
- Prepare projects reporting documentation and presentations with the support of Project Managers
– Support Service Delivery management:
– Services/Capacity Planning
– Services/Capacity Engagement
– Services/Capacity Access Coordination
– Services/Capacity Monitoring and Control
See more requirements by clicking on the link below!