GovSat is a brand operated by LuxGovSat S.A., a public-private joint venture between the Luxembourg Government and SES, the world-leading satellite operator.
Our mission is to provide secure, reliable and accessible satellite communication services for governments – addressing the demand for connectivity resulting from defence and civilian security applications.
GovSat introduces a new type of geostationary satellite aimed exclusively at government and defence users and our 24/7 secure operations with security-cleared personnel and experts will further support the demands of institutional and defence applications.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Manager MOC is directing the definition and execution of the LuxGovSat Secure Concept of Operations, fulfilling all associated KPI’s towards the LuxGovSat customers and end users.
You will lead a strong customer focused satellite and services operations function, executing Secure Operations and overseeing the NATO AGS Ku Band program, other projects and customer contracts.
You will head the LuxGovSat 24/7 level 1 team in its operational service-level activities, like carrier monitoring and other operational support, and the LuxGovSat Service Manager(s) based in Sigonella (Italy). You will interact with other level 2 teams such as the GovSat SOC (outsourced to SES Engineering), the SES PMOC/AAC and the SES CSD team. You will be responsible for all spacecraft payload or service operations issues to be escalated, delegated or assigned to the level 2 team and ensures that they are dealt with in a timely, efficient, professional and technically superior manner. You will be responsible for maximising efficiency through process optimisation and the identification of synergies with other SES operational functions and NOC´s.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide strong technical leadership in dealing with operational issues for external and internal customers including Operating Companies’, Sales Engineering, Sales and Network Operations Centre and SES Engineering Customer Service Delivery Level 1 Operations Centres
- Execute the highest level of operational and technical availability of the operational systems and transmission capability
- Ensure the capability and readiness of the LuxGovSat MOC (Mission Operations Centre) systems, data and documentation, to support the 24×7 and remote operations when required
- Be the responsible Service Owner for the AGS Service Delivery, which is a defined “function” in the AGS program
- Accountable for the resolution of interference/faults which may be impacting customer services
- Ensure security and proper use of confidential data
- Interface and coordinate closely with the other Customer Service Delivery Managers
- Identify and maintain other Key Performance Indicators of the Operations and Service Delivery team
- Define and implement training and certification plans for the Operations team
- Periodic reporting and feedback to Customers/Users and Operating Companies on the progress of fault investigations
- Be available on an on-call ad hoc basis in support of operations activities (escalation)
- Liaise with Engineering departments for the specification, design, development, testing and acceptance of new hardware and software tools or systems
- Participate in vendor meetings and negotiations related to system and service development, upgrade, operations and maintenance, and present complex information at international conferences, as a trusted representative of LuxGovSat S.A.
- Get involved in the Quality environment system, propose improvements complies with the relevant provisions of the Quality environment System and their possible adaptation
- Strong project management skills (incl. budget management)
- Sound analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Ability to anticipate and to mitigate risks
- Ability to work both in a team and independently as required
- Ability to integrate into and/or lead cross-functional project teams
- Strong ability to set priorities, excellent organisational skills
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications and / or experience
- At least ten years of professional experience in the Satellite Telecommunications or Data Communications Industry, ideally in connection with governments or public institutions
- A minimum of five years of work experience in service Delivery, Project and/or Programme Management
- Strong Operations and SatCom RF background enabling to understand and analyse complex operational transmission problems
- Demonstrable knowledge of complex satellite technology including understanding of cross-pol, isolation, ASI, platform operations etc.
- Experience in operating a large spectrum of projects and services (hardware, systems integration, support services, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of key SatCom operations and measurement tools including SAT Monics and SatID
- Knowledge of military or other governmental agencies
- Existing experience or relationships into the defense market on national or pan-regional levels is considered an additional asset
- Experienced in the daily usage of engineering support tools, project management tools as well as office and communication software tools (e.g. MS Outlook, IBM Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Fluency in English and any other languages will be considered as an asset
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
- Understanding of the unique demands of working within the Governmental institutional area
- NATO/EU Secret clearance are mandatory
- Willingness to travel internationally
LuxGovSat is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer