GovSat is a brand operated by LuxGovSat S.A., a public-private joint venture between the Luxembourg Government and SES, the world-leading satellite operator.
Our mission is to provide secure, reliable and accessible satellite communication services for governments – addressing the demand for connectivity resulting from defence and civilian security applications.
GovSat introduces a new type of geostationary satellite aimed exclusively at government and defence users and our 24/7 secure operations with security-cleared personnel and experts will further support the demands of institutional and defence applications.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Manager, Information Security reports to the LuxGovSat CISO in all aspects of information and cyber security and to the LuxGovSat CEO in all aspects Security Officer duties. The Manager, Information Security is responsible for the protection of all assets (digital and non-digital) owned and managed by GovSat and for ensuring GovSat’s data is securely processed and stored.
You will be responsible for developing all key facets of a Security function including awareness activities, preventive measures, detection and response, and resilience after security related incidents, leveraging synergies with the SES Information & Cyber Security function and SES ISMS. This means that you will be required to develop, deploy and manage all policies and procedures necessary for GovSat to operate securely and effectively adhering to a holistic approach (in the areas of physical security, personal security, communication and information systems security and cyber security).
You will be responsible for (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Drive the execution and continuous improvement of LuxGovSat’s Information Security Management System in-line with ISO 27001, aimed at building the security of GovSat business, including Budget planning and accountability for delivery
- Support the LuxGovSat Security Officer with
- managing Personal Security Clearance requests for members of staff
- managing and overseeing the implementation of physical security controls and procedures
- maintaining NATO and EU Facility Security Clearances
- Support (cyber) risk assessments and develop mitigation strategies
- Promote and lead security culture, awareness and drive continuous security improvement Team
- Define security metrics, providing regular and consolidated reporting to GovSat Management
- Define and verify security requirements, and develop security architectures and operational concepts as requests to suppliers and service providers
- Assist the GovSat Ground Systems Engineer in maintaining the IP network infrastructure up to date
- Comprehend and apply security policies to protect information (particularly when related to satellite control systems and mission planning systems) and relevant equipment used to secure assets against jamming, spoofing, tampering or other types of information attacks
- Assist customers with planning and managing projects to perform vulnerability and threat assessments
- Work with governments, MoD’s and corporate stakeholders to solve hard problems and implement recommended solutions
- Maintain IT Operational Security documentation, procedures and hardware and software inventories
- Liaise with SES Information & Cyber Security function and act as the LuxGovSat Security Delegate
- Keep senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiative
- Provide tactical and strategic IT directions with ability to manage and communicate vision to technical staff
- Undertakes to comply with the relevant provisions of the Quality-Environment System and their possible adaptation
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science, a master’s degree in information systems security management will be considered as a strong asset, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in IT Management with proven leadership capabilities; broader 7-10 years IT experience overall
- NATO/EU Secret clearance are mandatory
- Experience with project design, management and planning
- Experience with ISO 27001 certification (design, implementation, execution, maintaining certification)
- Experience with facility security clearance (FSC) accreditation (NATO and/or EU)
- Knowledge of the satellite technologies and satellite-based communication
- Strong system, network, and database security administration experience
- Working knowledge of IP networks and with Internet infrastructure
- Working knowledge of systems and server infrastructure
- Knowledge of satellite communications, networking and/or IT systems
- Any industry-recognized cybersecurity certification (CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified information Security Manager), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), etc.)
Nice to Have
- Knowledge about ISO 9001:2015 is an additional asset
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification or similar will be considered as an asset
- Accurate reporting
- Understanding of the unique demands of working within the Governmental and Institutional area
GOOD TO KNOW
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.